We get a lot of calls asking about stain removal services, everything from pet stain removal to coffee, punch and just about anything in between. However, the hands down most often asked stain is red wine. Maybe we’re partying too much in Las Vegas because red wine is awfully popular here!
Anyway, we inform individuals that while we proudly offer stain removal services, there are often simple do-it-yourself remedies for recent wine stains that can allow for a quick solution saving you both time and money.
To better assist you, we’ve decided to list some of these tips here. If you have a red wine stain that is stubborn and just won’t budge, then we encourage you to call Las Vegas Carpet Cleaning Service Pros at 702-430-6779 so we can better assist you. Also, keep in mind that in many instances small red wine stains (2 – 3) are removed free of charge with normal carpet cleaning services.
For the removal of recent stains, here are the things you’ll need:
- Paper towels
- 1 tbsp. dishwashing liquid
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 cups of warm water
- Clean white rags
- Immediately blot the stain with paper towels. Don’t rub it in as you’ll only force the wine/dye into the carpet fiber. Start from the outer edge and move your way in. Note: if’you do not have the necessary products on hand, simply cover the stain with salt to help remove moisture from the carpet. Carefully vacuum the salt away before proceeding with step 2.
- Add white vinegar, dishwashing liquid and warm water together in a bowl and mix.
- Blot the mix into the stain starting from the outside and moving your way in. Use a clean white rag for this. At the same time follow up your solution treatment with a dry paper towel also blotting.
- When the stain is gone dampen a clean rage with cold water and blot the area once again.
- Blot the area dry with using a dry clean rag or paper towels.
That’s it. Your red wine (or similar dye stain) should be gone. If the stain is aged and will not come out, call Vegas Carpet Cleaning Pros direct at 702-430-6779, or fill out the form on the right. Most inquiries are responded to within 1 business day.